The idea behind traffic radars is to dissuade drivers from stamping their foot on the accelerator and speeding so easily. If you also want to be dissuaded but without requiring to pay the corresponding speeding fine, you should be interested in Radar Beep, a radar detector for Android.
The most complete radar detector.
By means of GPS and an Internet connection, Radar Beep shows you all the radars on a map, with your position and bearings, warning you when you approach a radar by means of sound alerts. Among its great features we have to point its integration with almost all mobile GPS navigators, therefore, you can make use of both tools at the same time.
- Warnings for stationary, mobile and section radars, as well as traffic lights, warnings of danger on the road, black spots and police checkpoints.
- Integration with GPS navigators.
- Information about the exact distance to the radar and the vehicle's speed.
- Gradual distance notification.
- Sound alerts proportional to the distance to the radar.
- Vehicle and radar's position shown on the map.
- Widget to access the application rapidly.
- Valid in several different countries.
Use of NFC technology
Radar Beep makes use of NFC (Near Field Communication) wireless communication technology that allows the exchange of data between nearby devices. If your phone supports this technology, it will activate whenever you're near your car if you stick the corresponding magnetic sticker on it, although it can also automatically switch on and off when your car's Bluetooth is detected.