The developers of the old Alpify or Safe365, an app that helped mountain hikers to be located if they suffered an accident or were lost, now uses part of that technology to help the older members of our families using Durcal.
This is an application for Android that aims to help its users look after their parents and grandparents. The app offers them the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their elders are well, are moving around, and going about their lives, but always keeping them locatable and in direct contact.
Durcal is the family app to look after them, their happiness, and yours.
Although the app is still being developed and some of the options are not yet available, it offers the following features:
- Users can check the location of the elder and the battery and signal of their phone.
- The grandparent will be able to easily receive family photos through an adapted interface.
- The family will be able to compete to see who is more attentive to the older members through a call and contact count.
- The service allows for the monitoring of the number of steps and the physical activity of the person, given that staying active is crucial to staying healthy.
- In the future, we will also be able to keep a record of sleep, blood oxygen, heart rate, and body energy.