Explore the world from your phone at a street view
Apart from collecting all our personal information to make us live a real-life version of 1984, Google has also done quite a few cool things. One of them has to do with their maps. They haven't had enough with mapping the whole world for Google Maps but they've also taken street view photos and connected them to their own tool. In other words, they allowed us to search for any location on a map and explore it as if we were there but from the home screen of our device (smartphone, tablet or PC). We're obviously talking about Google Street View APK. You can download Google Street View Android for free to access this Maps function straight on your phone.
Street View's app for Android
And this is a standalone app that has nothing to do with Maps so that we can download it and use it without Google's mapping application. Thanks to the latter, we can explore from our Android all the locations that Google's employees have been able to take photos of such as streets of cities and villages, roads, mountain tops, archaeological sites, stadiums, shops... in other words, we can satisfy our curiosity in terms of knowing what the streets look like in Hong Kong without having to look for images that we don't really know where they've come from or spending thousands of dollars on a plane ticket.
Google Street View APK is definitely the best application to do sightseeing but without its cons such as having to physically go to those places, spend money and put up with other tourists. It comes along with the following features:
- Explore villages and cities, universal monuments, natural wonders, inside public places and shops...
- Create 360-degree photos with your phone or with a Street View Ready camera and share them on the app.
- Possibility to become a trusted photographer.
- Receive suggestions about what to visit in each place of the world.
Download Google Street View Android to satisfy your geographical curiosity. Don't wait any longer.
What's new in the latest version
- You can now create and publish a photo route while you walk along a street or path.
- The new interface makes it easier to create, organize and post images on Street View.
- Street View badges allow you to keep up with contributions.
- Several bug fixes and other improvements.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 7.0.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...