Amongst the best alternatives to Google Play that we can use to download applications, we have to mention Amazon's own store. The online shopping giant offers us Amazon Appstore, its own resource to download apps of all sorts.
The former Amazon Underground is back.
Associate app downloads to your user account
Here we won't be able to find as many applications as in Google's catalog but it does offer us the most important ones and we'll also come across a few surprises. Furthermore, if we're Amazon clients we can associate this service to our account.
The application is split into several sections to sort the contents:
- Home: here we'll find all the latest updates, recommendations, and trendy applications.
- Categories: all the sections in which the store's apps are sorted.
- Coins: the Amazon Coins system with which we can save money when downloading commercial apps.
- My apps: a log with all the applications we have downloaded.
- Account: here we can configure several different aspects of our user account.
However, to be able to download applications from Amazon's app store we'll have to configure our phone just like we do to download apps from Malavida, in other words, we'll have to allow downloads of APKs from unknown sources.