The oldest users out there may remember the PC version of BSPlayer. Many of us used it to watch movies, both those we downloaded from the Internet and others on CDs or DVDs. Well, the project is still much-alive and now comes along with a version for Android, as couldn't be otherwise.
Local and online video player
This application has been designed to play high-quality video files trying to consume as few resources as possible on our device. It's a very versatile player with the capacity to open both videos stored on our phone or those available on our local network or even the Internet.
These are the main features of this application that rivals with others of the likes of VLC or MX Player:
- Hardware accelerated video playback.
- Support for dual and quad-core processors.
- Compatible with the majority of video formats.
- Compatible with external and embedded subtitles in different formats: SUB, TXT, SRT...
- Automatically search for subtitles on the Internet.
- Background playback of multimedia files stored on units on the same network by means of WiFi.
- Play videos straight from uncompressed RAR files.
- Lock the screen to avoid accidentally switching videos.