If you live in an area of high seismic and volcanic activity such as California, Italy or Japan, it is a good idea to have an alert service that can warn you in real time of any plate movement, no matter how slight, that could put your safety at risk. Earthquake Network has been developed for this purpose.
Earthquake detection and real-time alerts
This is an application that offers a panel with real-time locations of earthquakes that are recorded in the different seismographic institutes of the world. It has an alert system that sends a warning as soon as these services issue it, and you can configure the locations you want to be warned about, based both on geolocation and on those places entered manually.
Beyond being a tool to satisfy the curiosity of anyone interested in geology, it can be a vital aid to saving lives by giving users a margin of time to get to safety in the event of an earthquake.
These are the main functions of this app to detect earthquakes:
- Real-time detection of earthquakes using data provided by different seismological research centers around the world.
- Reports of earthquakes sent by the users themselves.
- Safety Check function to locate friends and family in case of an earthquake.
- Data provided by national and international seismic networks.
- Real-time chat during earthquakes.
- Map with real-time location of earthquakes.