The App for Parental Control by Google
Family Link is the Android application ecosystem used by Google to implement a parental control system for parents to monitor and control their children's online activity on their mobile devices. To make use of this method of supervision, parents should install Family Link for parents on their phones and pair them with their children's phones using this companion app called Google Family Link for children & teenagers.
After installing their APK, creating a family group and synchronizing both devices using an alphanumeric code, parents will be able to guide their innocent and not-so-innocent kids towards visualizing age-appropriate content, as well as monitor the time they spend using their phone, being able to cut them off if they go too far.
What can be controlled by installing Family Link for kids?
With this app, we will have access to the following information:
- Visualization of the activity in each installed app.
- Management of apps, blocking their download, installation or integrated purchases.
- Access to recommended applications for children and teenagers.
- Establish schedules and time limits for use.
- Block the phone in case of misuse.
- Get the exact location of the phone of the child.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
A Telecommunications Engineer, chance led me to the translation industry, where after a few years, I discovered another side of the world of technology while translating what others were writing about mobile applications and software. That...