Completely remove any file
Despite what the majority of users believe, the data removed from a computer can be recovered by using the appropriate tools unless measures are taken to avoid it. To avoid the recovery of data, you can use Hardwipe.
Several deletion methods
One of the most noteworthy features of Hardwipe is that it offers you various methods to delete the data, each one of which is more secure:
- Overwrite with a single pass. Having two variants, one based on zeros or totally random.
- GOST R 50739-95, that consists on overwriting the data twice.
- DOD 5220.22-M(e) and DOD 5220.22-M(d). Three passes with the second variant including a verification.
- Schneier. Seven passes.
- Gutmann. 35 passes.
Likewise, as well as offering different ways of overwriting data, Hardwipe also offers three different methods to select the data that will be overwritten, selecting:
- The files and folders directly.
- The hard drive to delete it completely.
- The hard drive to overwrite only the empty areas.
Therefore, if you want to have access to an application that will allow you to make sure that the data of your hard drive can't be recovered, you only have to download Hardwipe.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...