Some of the most noteworthy features of HEXtreme are:
- Color coded entries, with the possibility to choose which color will be used for each type of entry.
- Tab-based interface, making it a lot easier to change from one file to another.
- Customizable working area, allowing to choose the theme to make it a lot easier to work with the files.
- Possibility to work with 4 GB files.
- Extremely quick searches, even on files that are really big.
- Option to search for hexadecimal, ASCII or Unicode strings.
Therefore, if you want a hexadecimal editor that is quick and versatile, HEXtreme is an option that is really worth taking into account when it comes to choosing, because it has the added benefit of being free.