The search for new teaching and learning methods has found out how to include games in them. An example could be this Kahoot! that has arrived on tablets and smartphone after working as an online service.
What is Kahoot! for Android and how does it work?
It's a platform that brings together teachers and students, encouraging the latter to do research, create and share knowledge in a social manner. It allows the creation of debates, surveys, and contests.
An attempt for a more participative pedagogy.
Despite allowing communications in just one direction, in which the teacher asks the questions and his students reply, it's much more flexible than all that: the intention is to allow the students to ask questions so that everyone can settle their doubts.
Regarding its functioning, students don't need to sign up, but simply access with a PIN code provided by their teacher. The following could be a usual process within this application:
- The teacher introduces a topic.
- Students are invited to create their own questionnaire about it.
- The educator rates both the quality and appropriateness of the questions and their answers.
This app brings along learning support that is gradually expanding around the world and is now present in many different primary and secondary schools of plenty of countries.
With regard to its functions and possibilities, here are some of the features available:
- Assignation of homework based on games.
- Take part in quests and challenge other classmates.
- Take part in single-play quiz games.
- Take part in group games that can be managed by both students and teachers.
As you can see, it's all about reinforcing and consolidating topics taught at school, incentivized by the competition provided by games.