Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets can help students and teachers to hold more fluid communications that improve the work of them both. Especially thanks to apps of the likes of Google Classroom, Google's free service for educational centers for which you only need a personal email account to become a member.
How does Google Classroom work?
To be able to make use of this app, you've only got to log in with your Google email account and create a classroom or access an already existing one using its ID code. From there on, the teacher can direct the classroom work and activities, in general, or any student in particular. In any case, if despite its intuitive functioning, you still don't manage to get around the app, you can resort to any of the manuals in PDF available on the Internet or video tutorials on YouTube.
The goals of this app: save time and paper, distribute homework better, improve the communication between teaches and students, and organize the work better.
Now that you know what it's all about, take a look at the following list of features:
- Easy to configure: teachers can add the students by means of an email or providing the classroom's code.
- Possibility to create, check, and assess homework very quickly from a single space.
- Students can view all their completed and pending tasks on a specific page.
- Option to share all sorts of material such as documents, photos, and videos.
- Possibility to hold debates as well as to share resources with classmates and answer questions on the notice board.
This tool to increase educational performance at school has very positive opinions and is used in classrooms all over the world. Furthermore, its API is open-source, so any developer can integrate it into his projects.