A great map viewer for athletes
Sportsmen and women who enjoy hiking, mountaineering or trekking will have their ideal partner in OruxMaps for Android.
GPS route tracker with online and offline maps
OruxMaps is a map viewer that is compatible with multiple formats and also allows you to plot routes using the GPS of your smartphone.
Summary of features
- Support for online map display with several layers (Google, Microsoft, Yandex, WMS...).
- Support for multiple map formats in offline mode, including OruxMaps own, converted OziExplorer maps and others.
- Route recording in GPX, KML and KMZ formats.
- Consultation of route statistics.
- Ability to follow preloaded routes.
- Support for the connection of several Bluetooth devices: heart rate monitor, external GPS...
- And many more.
By downloading OruxMaps for Android you will have the ideal complement for your favorite sports activity.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...