A lightweight and functional image editor for Windows
In the majority of cases, a few enhancements to the levels, tonality or brightness of our photos allow us to obtain a result that is much more eye-catching and stunning. If you want to make the most of your favorite photos, in a simple way, download Paint.NET. It's an image editor with a very intuitive and innovative interface. It allows us to use layers and offers us an unlimited capacity to undo any action carried out on our drawings. In turn, it offers us a wide range of useful and powerful tools to apply all our creativity with the help of different special effects.
The simplified and free version of Photoshop.
Functions available in Paint.NET
This program offers users many different functions to edit photos:
- Easy to browse through the application's menus and options.
- Multiple workflows, thanks to the use of tabs.
- Use of layers and transparencies to simplify the creation of rich compositions.
- Includes special effects that are ready to be applied to the images.
- Includes powerful selection and cloning tools.
- Support for the Windows Vista and Windows 7 interface, Aero Glass.
- Automatic updates.
If you need a quick image editor, that is suitable for less powerful computers and that stands out due to its low resource consumption, try out Paint.NET.
What's new in the latest version
- Minor update that enables the title bars in the dark mode and updates the incorporated DDS and WebP plugins.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Windows 7 SP1.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...