If you're a musician, whether a professional or just an amateur, Walk Band can't be missing on your phone. With this application, you can have fun, make noise, and even write your own songs, which may obviously be decent or complete rubbish, by making use of loads of musical elements by simply swiping your fingers across the screen.
It's a rather surprisingly complete music app since it's free, although we can increase its features even more by means of paying in-app purchases. In the free version, you'll still be able to muck around with all sorts of instruments and options.
Instruments and tools available
- Piano: we can play a simple or double keyboard, with five different key sounds (piano, music box, organ, Rhodes, and synthesizer).
- Guitar: including an acoustic guitar, a Saxon guitar, and an electric guitar, with chords mode or solo.
- Drums: to play jazz, rock, hip-hop, percussion and disco music, and choose the pad mode that suits your playing style the best.
- Drum machine: we can create our very own drum rhythms and control the pitch and speed.
- Bass: acoustic bass, marcato and slap which can be played in chords mode or solo.
Furthermore, the app allows us to record multiple tracks, whether or audio or MIDI, so that we can show off our talent to the rest of the world and become a true musician if we put in enough effort.
What's new in the latest version
- Fixes sync errors in the MP3 conversion.
- Allows us to crop the audio file before exporting it.