Google's Pixel 2 smartphones are wonderful devices although most of us can't afford them or we don't need them because their state-of-the-art technology isn't necessary for the usual way we use our smartphone. However, ever since these phones were presented, many Android users have been interested in their style, usability, and the interface of the operating system which are totally exclusive.
For this reason, people are developing launchers that try to adapt the aspect and options of the operating system of the Pixel 2 to the rest of Android device, and one of the best ones is this Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher.
Its name reveals one of is greatest features: we don't need to be a root user to be able to install this launcher. However, apart from its simple, clean, and pleasant style that everyone likes, it includes the following options:
- A widget with the next events on our calendar, the weather, and the date.
- The application tray adapts perfectly to the Pixel 2 design and its theme switches from dark to light depending on the colors of the wallpaper.
- Includes a Google Now panel by swiping left.
- Certain icons include special animations.
- Design modifications such as a lower search bar or rounded icons.
- Support to add icon packs.
How to install Rootless Pixel Launcher 2
As many of you know, Google doesn't offer from its store certain types of APKs because they go against their rules. And as you can imagine, a launcher that imitates the brand's style is one of them. To be able to install this launcher, we'll have to do so manually, following these steps:
- Step 1: check that you've enabled the options to install apps from Unknown Sources within your phone's Settings.
- Step 2: download the APK file using the green Download button on Malavida or from the developer's website.
- Step 3: access the file from the notifications bar and accept the warnings to install the APK.
- Step 4: after rebooting your phone, the launcher will have modified the interface's aspect.
Finally, we have to add that since it's an app that's not available on Google Play, the user will have to repeat the process every time there's a new version and in case of wanting to uninstall it, we'll have to access Settings > Applications and search for the app on our list of applications.
If you can't afford a Pixel 2 but you'd like to enjoy an interface with the same style on your smartphone, don't hesitate to download the APK of this beautiful launcher.