For quite some years, Google Maps and TomTom have been in for some serious competition in terms of GPS applications due to the appearance of Sygic, one of the best navigation apps with step-by-step voice instructions. But why has it become so popular? Well, apart from its accuracy and reliability, mainly because its tools are known for working perfectly without an Internet connection, something essential when we're traveling abroad if we don't want to spend all our pocket money on roaming costs.
The best offline GPS navigator to travel around Spain.
Apart from its official application, this company has launched a series of regional apps with specific maps for different geographical areas so we don't have to download them one at a time (one of the greatest cons of the original application, apart from its price). Thus, we can download to our iPhone and iPad Sygic Iberia - GPS Navigation which, in this case, incorporates maps of Spain, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar... although I don't think anyone could get lost driving around there.
Main features of Sygic Iberia
Thus, we'll be able to make the most of all the advantages of the best offline navigation application focused exclusively on the Iberian Peninsula, as well as the Balearic and Canary Islands, being able to make use of the following features:
- High-quality maps downloaded to your phone.
- Offline GPS function.
- Turn-by-turn voice navigation instructions.
- Radar alerts and warnings about speed limits.
- Customizable voice notifications.
- Three alternative routes to be able to choose which one suits us the best.
- Security alerts about dangerous roads and sharp turns.
- Urban areas recreated in three dimensions.
- Waypoints indicated on the map.
- The online mode offers updated information about traffic and accidents.