Open source driving simulator
There are many race car games and simulators out there, but not so many when we start talking about license-free software. In this case, TORCS, short for The Open Racing Car Simulation, tops them all.
Races with up to four players.
TORCS is most likely the best car racing game with GPL you'll find. If you want a real sense of speed and opponents with refined AI, this is the software for you.
- Car racing game with GPL license for Windows.
- Over 40 different circuits. Street circuits, oval tracks and rally combined.
- Drive over 50 different cars, with real recreations of vehicles like Subaru Impreza, Toyota Corolla, Peugeot 206 and 306, Acura NSX and even the classic Buggy among others.
- Excellent graphics that offer a sense of realism and speed.
- Different game modes: Championship, multiplayer, training, etc.
The sense of realism has been carefully crafted: lighting, smoke, skid marks... The vehicles look great with all kinds of details, and are sensitive to shocks and accidents, which will be felt both in the internal elements (such as suspensions), and external (bodywork and other aerodynamic features).
Are you too a frustrated racing driver? Download Torcs free and prove that your worthy of the higest competitions and your skills are comparable to those of the pro's.
As a technology journalist with over 12 years of experience in the world of software and apps, I have had the opportunity to try all kinds of devices and operating systems over the years. I have done from software or mobile applications reviews...