Floating speedometer that works as a navigation companion app
Velociraptor is a floating speedometer application. The user can use it to check in real time the speed at which he/she is traveling, receiving real-time warnings if he/she is traveling faster than the road limitation allows.
Companion app for maps and navigation apps
This is a very useful tool that can be used in parallel with other map applications, such as Google Maps. With it, the speed at which you are driving is known at all times, regardless of the means of transport used, and the maximum permitted speed is taken as a reference. The latter data is extracted from OpenStreetMap, the free and open source map service.
Its operation is very simple, as well as the way it is displayed on screen, since we will only have in front of us the travel speed and the speed limit. It offers information such as the following:
- It can be displayed on the map apps.
- It can be launched automatically when opening the map app being used.
- Speed displayed in real time.
- Sound alerts.
- Choice of miles or kilometers per hour as the unit of speed measurement.
- U.S. and international sign style.
- Ability to customize both the size and opacity of the floating element.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...