Any Windows user, whether of XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 or 10, and possibly quite a few Mac users, are definitely very familiar with compression tools of the likes of WinRAR, 7-Zip or this WinZip we're dealing with today. But we're not talking about the classic PC version: instead, we're offering you the download of the development of this compression software for iOS devices, both iPhone and iPad.
An efficient compression app for iPhone
That's what you'll find in this app, a tool that will allow you to zip and extract files and work with compressed files, even when they're hosted on cloud storage services of the likes of Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive. With the latter, you'll be able to save storage space and you'll also be able to send and share files and documents much easier, grouping them into a single folder ready to be shared by means of instant messaging and chat apps or email.
Zipping and unzipping files on iPhone is child's play.
Main features and functions
The iOS version is very similar to what we can find in APK format for Android, although it does offer us a few specific options for Apple's mobile devices. These are the most important features:
- Extract the majority of zipped file formats including ZIP and RAR with just one single screen tap.
- Quickly browse through email attachments and open them within the app.
- Explore inside a compressed file and view multimedia contents such as photos, images or videos.
- Browse through your camera roll or through your music on iTunes.
- Download or upload files through iTunes and iTools.
- Connect to your online storage services.
- Zip and unzip files stored on the cloud.
The app allows us to explore the contents of zipped files, being able to open them regardless of whether they're in ZIP or RAR format. It's compatible with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, PDF files, documents with enriched text format, web documents, Keynote presentations, Numbers spreadsheets, Pages documents, and even multimedia files such as audio and video.
The application is very easy to use thanks to its very simple user interface based on the typical file explorers that you can find on any PC, Mac or Android smartphone and tablet. So, what are you waiting for to download it to your iPhone?
What's new in the latest version
- New interface.
- Adds functions to create empty files both for local storage and the cloud.
- New ZIP file download manager.