It's quite possible that even if your car has a state-of-the-art GPS satellite navigation system, you'll end up pulling out your cell phone and Google Maps. Although little by little more juicy alternatives are coming out (like the promising Waze), it is the first option that comes to mind. And if you have an Android, it's very likely that the app is already factory installed on your phone. If this is your case and you want to try an alternative, Yandex, the Russian multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products offers you Yandex.Maps and Transport.
It will help you get where you are going, taking into account the traffic situation: by car, by public transport or on foot.
How does it work?
Well, the mechanism is basically shot from Google Maps, so nothing new under the sun. Open the app, select the route icon and set a starting point and destination and examine how to get there on foot or by car, looking at the different alternatives. You can set several addresses as fixed and default, such as your home or workplace address. But if you're not interested in travel, you'll also have the option of studying complete city maps. Want more? You can consult a detailed map by varying these options:
- In colour or in night mode.
- Oriented in 2D or 3D.
- Map, satellite or hybrid view.
- Saved maps.
- Offline maps.
- Parking, transport and traffic layers.
In addition, it adds the following features, indispensable in any current app in the sector:
- Includes a navigator that guides the user to their destination by means of clear directrics.
- It shows public transport (metro, train, bus, tram...), as well as its routes.
- The user will be able to check which is the best way to go from one point to another.
- It shows the radars and speed controls, as well as the state of the traffic and possible problems on the road.
Search for places and addresses without connecting to the Internet.
Of course, the voice dictation system could not be missed. You can also check public transport, but depending on the area you are in, this service may not be available yet. This app is on the way between Russian and English, but it is very intuitive and you will have no major problems using it, especially if you are a user of other similar services.