At this point, you're probably wondering if there's any field that Yandex hasn't tried to get into in the technological sector. We already knew all about the Russian Google thanks to its web browser, its search engine, and its own Uber-like car service, but now it also wants to compete with music streaming platforms of the likes of Spotify or Apple Music thanks to its service Yandex.Music for Android, in APK format, as well as an iOS version for iPhone and iPad.
The greatest rival for Spotify in Russia and surrounding countries.
However, before you get too excited, we have to mention that this app isn't available in too many countries. Although it has been translated into English, for the time being, we can only access its catalog with over 20 million songs from countries of the likes of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine. Let's see if this online music platform (although it also allows us to download music to listen to it offline) arrives in other countries outside the former USSR.
Main features of Yandex Music
- Listen to hours on end of free music every day: 20 million songs available.
- Receive customized recommendations of songs and artists.
- Customized radio stations to discover new music.
- Search by track, album or genre.
- High-quality audio available.
- Possibility to download songs to listen to them without an Internet connection.
- Follow your favorite artists to find out about their latest news and releases.
- Create and save playlists with all your favorite songs to listen to them whenever you want.
- Sync the app with the web version by logging in via Yandex, Vkontakte or Facebook.
- Build your own music collection with the songs you listen to via streaming and the tracks you've already got on your phone.