Services of the likes of Uber or Cabify have become very popular, as well as controversial, offering passenger transport with drivers driving their own cars. However, despite the controversy, it doesn't look like they're diminishing and, in fact, similar or identical services are springing up all over the place.
A taxi alternative similar to Uber and Cabify
If you're traveling to countries such as Morocco, Egypt, Qatar or Pakistan, you can make use of an application called Careem - Car Booking App, based on exactly the same system: order a vehicle from the application and the latter will come to your location, driver included, to take you to your destination.
Furthermore, it offers us different kinds of services as you can choose between economic transport, business if you need a higher standard, for kids or Max if you need to carry a large group. The rates obviously vary depending on the kind of car chosen and the distance covered.
Careem vs Uber: the war has begun.
How does Careem work?
To use this application, that also comes along with a version for iPhone, you simply need to download its AK and follow these steps:
- Step 1: sign up as a user including your phone number.
- Step 2: choose between two different options: travel now or later on depending on your plans.
- Step 3: input your destination to obtain a price estimate.
- Step 4: tap YALLA to confirm your journey.
- Step 5: follow your journey in real time, you'll only pay upon arrival.
- Step 6: rate your driver.
You can pay for the service via credit card or cash. But don't get confused with Kareem Benzema or with Abdul-Jabbar. Sorry for the pun.