The video game sector has enjoyed exponential growth during that last few years. Many people have started developing games taking advantage of the increased potential offered by personal computers, and they all require support tools for this task, like DirectX 9.
Covering the multimedia requirements of Windows
Microsoft is aware of this new reality, and for some time now it has been offering its users DirectX, a pack of APIs developed to make Windows a valid platform to launch applications that contain large amounts of multimedia contents, making it easier for both developers and game designers.
Now, with DirectX 9 it's possible to connect and interrelate the different components of your PC that make it possible to view graphics, animations, audio... A technology that's only accessible for software that uses the DirectX API.
- DirectSetup: installs the components of DirectX.
- DirectShow: allows you to play audio and video with network transparency.
- DirectInput: is the tool in charge of processing keyboard, mouse, gamepad and other controller data.
- Direct 3D: focused on 3D graphics.
- Direct Graphics: 2D image drawing tool that is also capable of representing 3D images.
- DirectPlay: make your network communications much easier.
- DirectSound: play and record sound.
- DirectMusic: play audio tracks created with DirectMusic Producer.
Avoid problems and errors on your PC when you want to play. Download DirectX 9 for Windows XP or for any other compatible Windows operating system for free and you'll get hold of the essential libraries to launch video games on your Windows operating system.