Nintendo has once again revolutionized the world of video gaming with their new video console, Nintendo Switch. It's a hybrid halfway between a portable console and desktop console, that makes the most of the connectivity of modern devices. And precisely that latter have encouraged the development of a parental control application for iOS and Android.
The app to know what your kids do on their video console
It goes by the name of Nintendo Switch Parental Control and it's an application that runs on both iPhone and iPad. Its main target is to allow parents to take control over three essential aspects of their children's video gaming leisure:
- How mucho time do they spend on their console?
- Which are their favorite video games?
- Do they have access to inappropriate contents for their age group?
Based on these three guidelines, by means of this software, it offers parents full control of over the time spent by their kids on the video console, making sure that they don't go over the top. Here are its main features:
- Supervision of the length of gaming sessions: it allows parents to establish the maximum time that kids can spend playing. When this limit is about to reached, the player will receive an on-screen warning and once the time is over, the video console automatically goes into standby mode so as not to lose any progress or achievements.
- Knowing what games are played and which contents are consumed: daily and monthly reports are generated regarding those video games that have been played and for how long. The latter can be received by means of automatic notifications.
- Establishing use restrictions: it's possible to configure a safe gaming environment by setting a series of restrictions to those contents that aren't suitable for certain ages.
Although many of us had total freedom when it came to playing video games, the truth is that in our case we didn't have that liberty granted by the access to Wi-Fi and data networks. Nowadays, it's not only about not getting to certain online contents, but also not spending fortunes by means of in-app purchases. This application intends to control several of these aspects in a much more advanced manner than what our parents did with us, which basically revolved around hiding the console or the AC adapter in a closet.