SQL Server 2008 Express is the reduced free version of the popular database management system by Microsoft. This version is ideal if you want to work with simple projects, because it requires fewer resources and you'll be able to perform the majority of the operations that are available in the complete version. If you work with databases, SQL Server 2008 Express Edition will come in very handy to manage all the information efficiently.
- SQL Server configuration manager.
- Advanced query optimizer.
- Visual Studio integration.
- Compatibility with the Transact-SQL language.
- Supports stored procedures.
- Powerful graphical management environment.
- Stands out due to its security, stability and scalability.
SQL Server 2008 Express: limitations
SQL Server 2008 has certain limitations in comparison with the complete version:
- Only allows you to use 1 GB of RAM per instance and support a maximum of 16 instances.
- The maximum size of each of the databases is 4 GB.
- It's only possible to use one CPU per instance.
- The amount of simultaneous users connected to each database is limited to 9.
Download SQL Server 2008 Express Edition for free and enjoy this software that's ideal to work with small projects and companies.