The PDF or portable document format is, without any doubt, one of the most popular types of documents on the Internet. Firstly, because it's a universal format that can be opened on any operating system or platform, and secondly, because it guarantees the integrity and preservation of the original format from the beginning to the very end of the communicational chain, guaranteeing that the final user will view exactly what the author wanted to display.
Due to these same reasons, it's also a very popular format on Android mobile devices. OK, so it might not be the most common type of file that you share on WhatsApp or Facebook, but it's very usual in email attachments, documentation downloaded from websites and even for restaurant menus to check what we can have for dinner. And although almost any mobile web browser can open and understand PDF, it's always handy to have a tool exclusively dedicated to working with this format, as is the case of Adobe Acrobat Reader, the PDF viewer developed by the guys that created this standard almost 25 years ago.
The official app by Adobe to work with PDFs.
But don't be fooled by our flippancy to call it a reader or viewer. The truth is that once you download the APK of this mobile version to your smartphone or tablet, you'll get hold of much more than a simple application to view or read PDFs, because it includes a wide range of functions that allow you to write notes, print, organize, create, fill in forms and digitize documents in this format. All in all, it's a full-fledged app to work with portable documents and increase your productivity.
Main features of Acrobat Reader DC for Android
- Open, read and view PDF documents, easily browsing through all their pages and zooming in to increase their size.
- Different reading modes that adapt to your needs: single page, continuous reading, nighttime mode, etc.
- Write notes and add comments straight on the PDF files, by means of sticky notes or underlined texts.
- Possibility of digitizing any document by means of our smartphone's camera and saving it as a PDF.
- Remove pages from your PDF documents, change their order or insert new pages.
- Fill in and save text fields of online forms.
- Digitally sign any PDF document.
- Synchronize all your PDFs with your Dropbox account and print them straight from Android.
- Export PDF documents as totally editable Microsoft Word and Excel files.
- Create new PDF documents and convert Office files and images to this portable format.
- Save your files on Document Cloud or share them with your contacts.
How much does Adobe Reader cost?
Downloading the application to your Android mobile device is totally free. With that download you'll have access to the most basic functions of those that we've mentioned above: open, read, share and digitize documents. However, some of the functions require paying a monthly or annual subscription as they are tools considered as Premium. For instance, being able to convert unlimitedly from PDF to Word and vice-versa will cost you a monthly payment of about 7 euros.
What's new in the latest version
- Improved experience when opening and downloading PDF files from links.
- Stability and performance improvements.