The infallible alarm clock
If getting out of bed when the alarm clock goes off is a problem for you, maybe the solution is Alarmy. This app for Android smartphones and tablets will prevent you from falling asleep by forcing you to get out of bed.
This alarm clock offers different ways to make sure we don't fall asleep by forcing us to perform a certain 'mission' in order to turn off the annoying tone.
If you don't get out of bed the alarm doesn't stop.
What distinguishes Alarmy from other alarm clocks for Android?
In addition to the usual features of an alarm such as the snooze function, personalisation with your own music, alarms with a very loud tone or even the integration of a thermometer to know what to wear in the morning, this app includes the following 'missions' to prevent the user from going back to sleep:
- Photo mission: the user must get out of bed and take a photo of a certain element of the house previously configured to stop the alarm. For example: the sink or the coffee machine.
- Mathematical mission: the app displays a simple or advanced mathematical problem to be solved in order to activate the user's brain.
- Memory mission: the alarm clock displays a memory game based on coloured tiles, with different levels of difficulty, to be solved.
- Barcode mission: the user must set up a barcode or QR code to scan in order to turn off the alarm (like the one on the cereal box).
- Shake mission: to wake up your body, the user has to shake their phone up to 999 times (or the number you set).
In addition, if you buy the Premium version, you can 'enjoy' other types of missions such as having to write motivational quotes on your smartphone, walk a certain number of steps or even do horrible squats in the morning to force yourself to wake up.
What's new in the latest version
- Change the way you view the weather, your horoscope, and the news.
- Optimizes the data usage to improve loading news.
- Improves the user interface to send feedback.
- Fixes minor bugs.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 7.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,...