The most popular free editor
Avidemux for Mac is the video editor recommended for simple tasks such as cropping videos, joining video and audio chains, recoding files or adding filters.
A free and simple video editor.
Although Avidemux doesn't come along with advanced options or 3D effects, it's one of the best free video editors available for Mac.
What can I use Avidemux for?
If you have recorded several videos that you want to join, if you want to recode a video to change its original format or add a soundtrack, Avidemux can help you out. All in all, it includes:
- Editing tools to crop videos, improve sharpness, remove interlacing...
- Image and sound filters.
- Support to read AviSynth scripts.
- Possibility to use it from the command line.
- Compatibility with AVI, ASF, Flash, Matroska, MPEG, OGM and QuickTime, among others.
All in all, Avidemux is a free video editor that will get you out of more than one tight spot when you have you to correct a poorly recorded video.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Mac OS Mojave.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...