Davinci Resolve is a tool that allows you to carry out video and audio editing, color correction, and post-production in a totally professional manner as if you were a Hollywood director. And the best thing about it is that it comes along with a free version that allows us to work at a professional level. This free download allows us to edit images up to sixty frames per second with high-quality output files, whether in SD or HD, and Ultra HD resolutions. We can say that it's an all-in-one tool for post-production that offers us professional finishes even in the free edition.
- Quickly edit thanks to its playback engine as it allows us to work up to 10 times faster with a great control over the editing. Add text and other post-production effects.
- Advanced color correction with primary and secondary correction tools, image stabilization and tracking, as well as loads of different filters.
- Digitalized audio editing: with the built-in Fairlight technology, with ADR tools, includes the recording of multiple channels, audio correction, and several effects.
The new playback engine is up to ten times faster to be able to receive instant feedback.
How to use Davinci Resolve?
There are two options to download the application for free. Either from the Mac App Store or straight from software's official website. They are not identical. The advantage of downloading from the Mac App Store is that you can spare a free but compulsory registration but the app doesn't allow you to change to any other language apart from English. Therefore, it's preferable to access the download from the developer's web because the App Store also has other limitations:
- Only works with OpenCL.
- Doesn't support external control panels.
- Not compatible with third-party VST and OpenFX plug-ins.
If you need to use any of these features, you'll have to sign up and download the version from the official website. It won't take you more than five minutes.