Color grading is the color correction process carried out in audiovisual productions to generate artistic effects. Ever since Murnau used the technique in the 20s' for Nosferatu, things have greatly evolved and now it's a fully digital technique. Software like Davinci Resolve can be used to help out movie and color professionals in their post-production tasks.
A reference in the Hollywood industry
Version Studio Full 12.5 of this software provides us with the most advanced non-linear professional editing color grading tools. We're talking about a piece of software that has been a favorite for many professionals ever since 1984. Basically due to its performance and simplicity, that allows us to apply all our creative potential with hardly any complications.
Used in full-length movies, short movies, adverts, TV programs, documentaries, music videos...
Among its different features and capacities, we have to point out real-time color grading straight from the camera, which shortens production and post-production times as it allows us to see how all shots would look beforehand once the recording process is over.
But it's obviously not the only function offered by this software. If it's one of the industry's favorites it's for reasons like the following:
- Collaborative workflow sharing a timeline for editing.
- Save different color settings that can be applied to the camera's RAW files.
- Simultaneous color grading and editing: editors and color professionals can work at the same time from different computers.
- Color grading functions for photographers: image adjustments and use of chromatic tables to automatically give the graphic material a better balance.
- Support for remote color correction by means of a network connection.
- Synchronization with different cameras.
- Possibility to export and import our work to other compatible programs like Final Cut Pro X, Media Composer or Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Color curve optimization editor.
- Comprehensive editing system.
- Timeline with multiple cameras.
- Creative transitions.
- Import metadata from CSV files.
- Clone and backup camera files.
- Configurable rendering settings.