Balabolka, a word in Russian that can be translated as chatterbox, is an application that belongs to the so-called "text to speech" category that reads any written text, whether sentences captured on the clipboard or saved in a document. To do so it makes use of a TTS (Text-To-Speech) engine that is capable of generating a synthetic voice to read any text.
Main features of Balabolka
- Generation of a natural and intelligible voice to read the texts.
- Use of the Microsoft Text-To-Speech engine, Speech API (SAPI).
- Possibility to use the voices installed on your operating system, download the free Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice TTS/RealSpeak TTS voices from the official website or buy other commercial voices.
- Modify several of the voice's parameters (tone and speed).
- Possibility to change the words' pronunciation rules.
- Compatibility with the DOC, RTF, PDF, ODT, FB2 and HTML formats.
- Saving of read texts as WAV, MP3, OGG or WMA.
- Customizable interface by means of skins.
- Support for TTS SAPI 4 and SAPI 5 engines.
If you need a practical application to read texts out loud, download Balabolka for free.