Remember Guitar Hero? That game for PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360 in which you had to follow the rhythm of the music playing the right notes and the precise moment. Well, this this NEXT Music tries to simplify that concept to bring it to the screens of our Android smartphones and tablets.
Here, you'll also have to follow the rhythm of the music, tapping the touchscreen when each note reaches the bottom of the screen and keeping your finger pressed in the event of longer notes, in a demonstration of reflexes and frenetic action that won't give you a second to breathe.
The mobile version of Guitar Hero or Frets on Fire.
Unfortunately, the rock songs present on Guitar Hero have given way to more modern tracks that a greater audience may enjoy, with hits from pop artists of the likes of Sia, Zayn Malik, Pitbull, Zhu, MGMT, Kaskade, and Macklemore (don't worry, I don't know who the majority of them are either).
How to play NEXT Music?
The first thing you've got to do, once you've downloaded the APK, is to select the character that you're going to play with, whether male or female, and customize all his/her physical traits to the makes until you create an avatar that's your spitting image. After a short tutorial in which you'll soon discover that the game is somewhat more complicated than you thought, you can start tapping your phone's screen to the rhythm of the melodies that are played:
- Follow the rhythm of some of the most famous songs on the international music panorama.
- Tap your screen at the precise moment to get a higher score.
- Keep your finger pressed when a longer note is played.
- Several difficulty levels: from easy to extreme.
- Play in real-time against other users from all over the world.
- Climb to the top of the world leaderboard.
- Play solo or in multiplayer mode.