Block invasive adverts in your apps
As you know, adverts are the main income source for many websites and app developers that, by means of advertisers, manage to make a profit for their work. And that's perfect, provided that they behave ethically when it comes to displaying ads and is not so perfect when we have to put up with invasive and annoying adverts.
Get rid of annoying adverts
Block This! is a tool to block adverts on Android that's capable of working on both applications and browsers. Thus, we can prevent any app from showing us adverts, improving our user experience, privacy and data consumption.
Nevertheless, there's also a white list of applications, just in case we want to continue supporting certain developers or distributors of certain applications. We only have to add those apps to the list.
The following are the app's main functions:
- Remove banners and audio and video adverts.
- Block tracker cookies.
- Anti-malware protection and protection against viruses disguised as adverts.
- Lower data consumption and higher browsing speed.
- Battery life increase.
The app is really easy to use: we only have to open it an start the process to block adverts. Furthermore, it offers us the possibility to start automatically each time we turn on our phone.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.0.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...