The distribution of a collection of games in text mode (on UNIX distributions such as FreeBSD and NetBSD) known as bsdgames became very popular during the 70's and 80's.
Classics never die.
This pack, that is now available for Debian distributions and its forks, gathers about 40 classic games, including a version of Tetris. bsdgames is an essential download for collectors and fans of classic games.
Some of the games included in bsdgames
- The famous card game Go Fish, that consists in gathering groups of 4 cards of the same number.
- The entertaining strategy board game Gomoku (Five in a Row).
- The popular Tetris in which you have to make blocks that fall from the top of the screen fit in to remove the lower rows.
- Trek, the space exploration game for Star Trek fans.
- The great dungeon adventure Rogue, that later inspired an entire generation of games (known as roguelikes), such as NetHack or Moria.
If you miss past times or you want to discover what the first games for PC were like, download bsdgames.