Back in 2012, a tremendously addictive game appeared on Facebook that began to hook millions of users: Candy Crush Saga was born. What at first seemed like a fad, soon became a real rage and invitations and requests flew from one contact to another. Its developers realized the appeal and popularity of their creation, and did not hesitate to launch it on other platforms, including Android.
This is a classic match 3 game in which the player must swap different objects on a board, in this case sweets or candies, to try to form groups of three or more identical elements and clear them from the screen. The more candies you remove, the more points you will add to your score, and each level has a different point target to beat.
Plan your moves by combining 3 or more candies in a row and use your boosters well to overcome the trickiest puzzles.
Obviously, all of the above is spiced up by a plot that makes the game even more appealing. In it, you will have to accompany Tiffi and Mr. Toffee in their adventures through the Candy Kingdom, where you will meet strange characters and visit magical places, besides being able to enjoy all these features:
- Match 3 based on matching identical candies in threes.
- Offers thousands of game levels with new additions every two weeks.
- Through different candy combinations, you can various boosters: striped candy, wrapped candy, color bomb, jelly fish and coconut wheel.
- 5 game modes: scoring, jelly, downhill, order and mixed.
- The game warns before each level in case you find yourself facing a difficult or super difficult one.
- You can play alone or with friends to see who gets the highest score.
- It includes a special roulette where you can win new prizes every day.
- Sometimes it allows you to participate in time-limited challenges to win boosters.
- Synchronize your game across all your devices by using one account.
But who invented this crazy game? Well, it is a development of the video game company King, responsible for the creation of other mobile games with similar themes and mechanics such as the well-known Bubble Witch Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, Farm Heroes Saga or Alpha Betty Saga. The company was acquired in 2016 by Activision Blizzard for close to $6 billion. But if we want to blame one person in particular for having created this game, that must be Swedish developer Tommy Palm, who was the mastermind behind this highly addictive title.
A practically infinite game
Many users and fans of this entertainment wonder up to what level it goes, what is the end or how it ends. But the truth is that this is a practically infinite title that never seems to end. At this very moment it has more than 7,000 levels, divided between normal levels (within normal episodes) and dream levels (within dream episodes), but every couple of weeks a new update arrives with dozens of new levels so that you never get bored and to make the game practically endless.
What's new in the latest version
- New game levels and new candies are added as every week.