Chrome for Android has a natively built-in method to get rid of advertising completely. It is very easy to activate: open Chrome and click on the menu button (top right corner of the screen):New tab in Chrome
On that menu, click on Settings to continue:
In this section, scroll down to Advanced. There, click on Site settings:Chrome’s advanced settings
Let’s focus on blocking two elements. First, pop-ups. In Site settings, scroll down to Pop-ups and redirects, and click on it:Block pop-ups in the website settings
They are usually blocked by default, but it is worth checking. If the control is grayed out, the pop-ups are being blocked:Pop-ups blocked
Let’s get back to Site settings. Under the pop-ups section, you will find Ads. Click on it:Adblocking in the website settings
You will reach a screen where you have to check if the control is grayed out. If it is, that means that ads are already being blocked:Ads blocked
However, it should be noted that this native Chrome blocker blocks some ads, but not all of it. The browser natively blocks the following ads:
- Ads that appear before content loads.
- Ads that take up more than 30% of the screen.
- Ads that change background or color quickly and intermittently.
- Ads that do not let users access the content until the countdown is over.
- Ads that appear when you scroll and are discarded when you scroll again.
- Ads that remain on the screen and do not disappear.