Deciding which is the best mobile web browser seems complicated taking into account all the competition out there: Firefox, Opera, UC Browser, Dolphin Browser, Puffin Browser, CM... but the majority of us would answer without any doubts: Chrome. And if we make the effort to leave Google's peculiar data collection policy to one side, it probably is: fast, stable and with the latest updates in terms of browsing standards and technology.
The window to all Google's services
The omnipresent company of the search engine offers us with this application its version for Android mobile devices of the most popular web browser in the world. Here we'll find many of the features that we already enjoy on our PC's desktop, highlighting the access to Google's different services available by logging in with our user account.
Possibly the best way to browse the Internet from Android.
You probably already know that that there are different versions of this browser, such as Canary, that comes along with the latest updates tested, although it may be somewhat unstable. This is the stable release that includes all the functions supported by Google's developers, being the following the most important ones:
- Tab synchronization so that you can continue with sessions open on Windows, Mac, Linux or iPhone or any other device, and import bookmarks and favorites.
- Browsing optimization for a lower data consumption (up to 50% according to its developers).
- Quick browsing with search results that appear instantly while you write on the address bar.
- Support for voice searches.
- Translation of webs to different languages.
- Intuitive gesture control to manage all the open tabs with simple and quick gestures.
- Incognito browsing mode to surf the Internet without leaving traces or saving your history.
- Save webs to read them offline.
Which one's better? Chrome vs Firefox
Mozilla Foundation's browser is definitely a great tool that integrates perfectly into the operating system... but this one has been developed by Google and any change or modification required when updating the browser will be adapted immediately to the most recent versions of Android. On the other hand, the answer to this question has probably a lot to do with which browser you use on your desktop, as both of them are almost extensions of their older brothers.
However, if you're used to using this browser in its desktop version you might miss certain functions such as the possibility of using extensions from its store or its Chromecast synchronization. Since it's a version optimized for mobile devices, these functions are usually downloaded as native apps leaving the browser with the basic options to explore the Internet.
Download this APK to your phone or tablet and make the most of one of the best and most complete browsing experiences on Android. However, you should know that using Google's products involves selling your privacy.
What's new in the latest version
The new features of the latest version are related to the correction of minor bugs and performance improvements but have not been specified by the developers.