Although there are many options today, not all browsers are the same, and of course there is life beyond Chrome and Firefox. Opera has more than proved to be a worthy rival capable of running at great speed and always protecting the user since its first version was launched more than a quarter of a century ago.
Its light version, Opera Mini, offers the user speed of navigation and simplicity, as well as considerable data savings thanks to its optimal mode and ad blocking (we recommend its use only in case of abuse of it since it is the only income of a large percentage of the websites we like to follow).
A browser with data saving, current news, data saving or offline mode.
As we have already said, this is the most reduced version of this Norwegian development. It is oriented to reduce data consumption and among its features and functions we find the following:
- We are facing a fully customizable browser with different designs, themes, and news categories.
- It allows you to control browsing data and reduce its use by up to 90% through different modes.
- Its download manager detects downloadable files from a website and keeps the downloads in progress in the background. These are easily located in the configured folder.
- It includes a mode for offline file sharing at a speed of up to 300MB/s.
- The browser has its own video player, usable with one hand and integrated into the download manager.
- Adblocking can remove invasive ads from visited websites.
- The user can download certain web content for offline access.
- The use of private tabs allows the user to browse without leaving a trace and always protecting their privacy.
- Synchronization between the different devices used by the user.
- Includes a night mode to protect eyesight when reading in low light conditions.
- Adds the possibility of configuring different search engines.
What's new in the latest version
- Stability improvements and minor bug fixes.