The release of Windows 10 came along with plenty of changes for Microsoft and one of them was its web browser. The omnipresent Internet Explorer, one of the eldest Internet browsers, was replaced by a new development: Microsoft Edge, which finally incorporated the possibility to install add-ons or extensions, amongst many other new features. And the company, following a commercial strategy that has led it to release its apps for Android and iPhone (maybe because Windows Phone was going nowhere). has adapted it to mobile devices.
So here we have Microsoft Edge Browser for Android that offers the users of this operating system that already used it on their PC an app to take the development to their smartphones and tablets.
A clean and sober design conceived for Windows 10 users
That's the first detail you'll notice once you open the application that intends to pose an Edge vs Chrome war and drag users over to Bing, its own search engine, that's configured by default in this browser. But it has also implemented other interesting functions, especially for those who wish to sync their devices with their computers equipped with Windows 10.
Its functions will seem familiar to all the usual users of Edge.
- Continue your work on your PC or vice-versa taking contents from one device to another.
- Synchronize your data between devices.
- Organize your favorites, articles saved to be read later on, history, and books in the same place thanks to the Hub View.
- Organize your contents like a webpage to simplify the reading.
- A single button to enable the reading of QR codes.
- Voice search built into the main screen of the browser.
- Private browsing that doesn't save your history, temporary data or cookies, and doesn't sync with your PC.
Edge for Android offers great results in terms of performance and stability, so it's hard to find that it doesn't work, that it doesn't open, or that it closes automatically. In fact, you only have to take a look a the opinions of other users who seem to be very happy with Microsoft's latest browser, despite the fact that it hasn't been translated into too many languages yet.
We expect this drawback to be solved soon, just like the lack of an iOS version has been, as we can now download this development for iPhone and iPad.
What's new in the latest version?
- The latest update improves the browser's performance.