The Microsoft Web Browser
Microsoft Edge is the browser that has replaced the veteran Internet Explorer in Windows to offer a more comfortable, secure, and up-to-date browsing experience.
New Chromium-based web browsing experience
The first thing that stands out from its predecessor is the user interface, which has opted for a minimalist design with menus reduced to the minimum to improve its usability. But there have also been changes at internal levels, since an architecture for optimized navigation experience has been developed for it, prioritizing aspects such as speed or safety. In fact, it has been based on the open-source project Chromium.
These are the main features you will find in Microsoft Edge Chromium:
- Although it is optimized for Windows 10, you can use it in versions 7, 8, and 8.1 of the operating system.
- Automatic synchronization of passwords, settings, and favorites with PC, macOS, Android, and iOS versions
- Edge offers more extensive features to respect user privacy than competitors like Chrome when browsing.
- Searches provided by Bing.
- Possibility to customize the environment.
- Customizable with extensions, making it compatible with Google Chrome extensions.
What's new in the latest version
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Windows 7.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...