Among the applications you can find in Windows 8 to edit photos, you can also use Fhotoroom. This program offers you a set of over 90 tools so that you can modify your images in a non-destructive manner. It's very intuitive to handle, so you won't need any advanced knowledge.
The perfect editing tool for photography lovers.
All in all, you can make use of the following options:
- Browse through different image galleries by using tags.
- Edit images of any size up to 41 megapixels.
- Image processing by means of tone mapping to obtain HDR images.
- Capacity to selectively undo specific changes.
- Possibility to adjust the focus, brightness or saturation, among others, by means of sliding controls.
- Different types of filters such as Color Shift or Tilt Shift.
- Selection of presets ready to be applied instantly.
- Correct chromatic aberrations and image flaws caused by the lens.
- Easily share your photos on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.
All in all, it's a complete alternative to edit photos in Windows 8 with the possibility to apply filters and easily share them on social networks.