The idea popularised by the Civilization saga, where we managed a civilisation from its birth to make it evolve over time, has been adapted by many other strategy games. Among them is Forge of Empires, in which, starting with the human historical period of the Stone Age, you must build an empire that lasts over time.
Research to make it evolve
Researching the technological and social advances that will allow you to advance technically and humanly will be fundamental to your progress in the game. On the one hand, you must procure resources as efficiently as possible, and on the other hand, you must do everything possible to keep the population happy.
In order for your empire to progress, you will need to build a city that provides you with the resources you need for expansion. This will depend on you being able to make discoveries in various areas of human knowledge, which you will also be able to orientate according to the type of society you want. At the same time, you will have to take care of keeping your borders safe, protecting yourself from the attack of your enemies and neighbours.
These are the main features of this real-time strategy game that combines resource management and military defence:
- Build your city and evolve it from the Stone Age to the future you can't yet imagine.
- Develop new technologies to obtain new buildings and products.
- Procure supplies of raw materials.
- Trade goods and trade with your neighbours.
- Discover new territories, take control of provinces and plunder for loot.
- Choose a strategy of dialogue and negotiation or war to get what you want.