Civilization is one of the most popular strategy games of all time. It was based on a very eye-catching approach as we started off in the Neolithic age with the first humans that mastered agriculture and farming, and we could evolve to become a civilization full of scientific and philosophical discoveries.
Well, this Freeciv is an open-source video game based on the same rules and in which we'll also have to lead a group of human beings to become one of the greatest civilizations on Earth. One of its main assets is that we can play games with hundreds of rivals at the same time.
These are the main features of this game:
- Features comparable to those of Civilization and Civilization II.
- Supports online games with up to 500 players at once.
- Predesigned maps and scenarios.
- Map editor.
- About 550 different nations and civilizations and over 50 different units.
- Translated into over 30 languages.
If you had fun back then playing Civilization I or II, don't hesitate to download this game that can be downloaded, distributed and modified freely.