Google brings art to your smartphone
Among all the non-productive applications developed by Google, we find the curious Google Arts & Culture. This app is a window to a large part of the cultural and artistic heritage that humanity has created throughout its existence. It lets us visit museums, discover the gastronomy of remote places, and meet people whose ideas and actions have been fundamental to the evolution of human beings on Earth.
The largest museum on the planet is on your Android device
This app is arguably the largest museum on Earth. It will let us walk surrounded by thousands of works of art and all kinds of cultural manifestations made by human beings. To achieve this, over 1,200 museums from over 80 countries have collaborated and made their collections available to Google so that they can add them to the app's database. Thanks to this, the user can tour them through photographs, videos, and virtual reality visits, all in high-definition.
To complete the experience, the app also offers different activities, such as taking selfies in the style of well-known artistic styles or puzzle games to have fun reconstructing iconic works of art. It continues to develop and grow, so it is essential for anyone who wants to approach the cultural heritage of humanity over the centuries with the convenience of doing it from your Android device without having to leave your home.
These are the app's main features:
- Immersively tour dozens of art galleries.
- Explore all kinds of high-definition artwork.
- Enjoy 360-degree videos.
- Tour museums in virtual reality guided tours.
- Tour emblematic places with the Street View adaptation for this app.
- Explore the different ages of the culture through the artistic period and its colors.
- Discover the actual size of famous works of art.
- Search for artwork based on the colors in your photo with Color Palette.
- Discover historical portrait paintings that look like you with Art Selfie.
- Take photos and transform them into classic works of art with Art Transfer.
- Recognize works of art with the help of the device's camera.
- Find a selection of exhibitions curated by experts.
- Save and group galleries to share them with your contacts.
- Find museums and exhibitions near you.
- Receive notifications when new content is available in the app.
- Translate in real time the content of exhibitions not available in your language.
New features of the latest version
- The icon design has been changed.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 5.0.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...