Amongst the different tools and applications offered by Google, we have to point out a text processor to create and edit documents. We're talking about Google Docs, the application that is also compatible with other formats, including DOC used by Microsoft Office.
A functional text editor with all the basic features to write and create
Once you download the APK, you'll be able to work on a clear and clean interface from which you can create your own documents or edit those that have already been created. It offers us everything we need: different text fonts, possibility to choose the size of the font, spell-checker... all the latter, with a series of preset templates with which it's easier to put our documents in the most appropriate format.
And it also incorporates online functions. In other words, it makes use of the online storage space available in Google Drive provided together with our email address, although we can also store the documents on our own device.
Another important aspect to be pointed out is its collaborative functions as it allows us to authorize other contacts to edit documents, send copies of our work or share it by generating a link.
Main features of Google Docs
- Draw up documents wherever you are, with or without an Internet connection.
- Share and edit all your teamwork: write individually or invite other users to participate.
- Save the contents automatically on the web: work from any computer or device.
- Edit documents created with other text processors such as Word. You can open, edit, and save Word files without leaving Google Docs because it's compatible with Microsoft's program.
- Export documents in DOCX format.
- Add comments and reply to them.
- Automatically saves changes to the files.
- Carry out searches within documents with the Explore function.
Google Docs vs Word? Definitely a great alternative.
Once you download the APK, you'll be able to check out for yourself that it's a very interesting program that can get you out of a tight spot in more the one occasion, even if you use Word on your computer. In fact, remember that there's a version of Google Docs for Windows and Mac thanks to an online access via your web browser. Therefore, exporting your work to later convert it to PDF or open it any other app is really simple.