Although there are dozens of alternatives on the market, when you think about working on text documents, regardless of their simplicity, the name of Microsoft Word always springs to mind. It's already a tool that's present on almost any computer in the world thanks to its inclusion within the office suite Microsoft Office, but now it also wants to settle on Android smartphones and tablets thanks to its version optimized for mobile devices.
The Word version for tiny screens.
By downloading the APK of one of the star products of Microsoft Office, together with PowerPoint and Excel, you can carry out all the basic functions of the desktop version, but with touchscreen functions adapted to mobile screens so that you can work on your texts wherever you are and without needing to switch on your laptop or desktop PC.
Features of Word for Android
You already know about all the functions and advantages of the text processor par excellence, but it's never a bad idea to remind you about the options available in this version of MS Word compatible with Android. However, you have to take into account that it doesn't run on Android 2.3 since the app only works on version 4.0 and above Google's mobile operating system.
- Create and edit text documents from your smartphone.
- Formats, fonts, and styles from the desktop version.
- Insert graphics, images, formulas, and tables to enrich your text.
- Compatible with plenty of text file formats.
- Grammar corrections and spell-checking by means of dictionaries.
- Possibility to download dictionaries for other languages.
- Typical Ribbon interface of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Read and modify documents on the fly.
- Increase your productivity with Word adapted to touchscreens.
- Access all your text documents on the cloud thanks to its compatibility with OneDrive and Google Drive.
- Collaborative editing with other users by simply sharing the document with them.
- Plenty of templates so you don't have to create documents from scratch.
How to download and use Microsoft Word for Android?
If you're used to using Office, or any of its tools, on other platforms like Windows or Mac, you'll definitely know that to download it you usually have to input some personal details, including payment information, even if it's only to use the trial version. And that might put some users off, leading them to download alternatives such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice.
Free access to the full version of this software.
Luckily enough, in the case of Android devices, we don't have to go through this tedious process. You've only got to download the app from Google Play or get hold of the APK from any other alternative store, including Aptoide, install the application, and start enjoying the best mobile text processor. For such purpose, we can decide to log in (in which case we'll have instant access to our documents on the cloud) or not, but under no circumstances shall we have to provide information about our credit card.
What's new in the latest version
- The improvements introduced in this latest version haven't been disclosed by Microsoft.