Create your own security camera system
Current mobile technology allows us to control and monitor a security camera network from an Android device. To do so, we need the cameras, naturally, and an app like Hik-Connect.
Supports a wide range of security and surveillance devices
This app allows users to control and monitor a network featuring different types of cameras and a grid of up to 16 simultaneous cameras that transmit images in real-time. The app allows you to detect the presence of intruders from wherever you are and can even activate alarm sounds and send notifications.
These are the main features offered by the app:
- Connect DVR and NVR devices, cameras, video intercom, and security monitoring grids.
- Monitor up to 16 cameras simultaneously.
- Two-way audio intercom.
- Instant alarms and notifications.
- Respond to calls from the audio and video intercom devices.
- Set up the security monitoring grid remotely.
- Share devices with third parties while limiting permissions.
- Open the app with a fingerprint.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.4.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...