When it comes to choosing a video player, the majority of us don't innovate too much. Once we've found one that we like, we don't like changing because if it works, why should we? Especially if we use one of the likes of VLC Media Player.
However, there's life beyond VLAN, and we can get hold of other video players for Mac that combine versatility and performance with the best user experience. The proof can be found in IINA, which has been developed based on MPV but offering us a much more user-friendly interface.
IINA Player: lightweight, fast, and beautiful
This video player has been designed in order to integrate perfectly into the macOS graphical environment. And the truth is that it does so really well because following similar design guidelines it manages to become a comprehensive part of the operating system, almost looking like a native application.
A well-cared interface for a great user experience.
These are the main features of this video player designed in Japan:
- Four original themes to customize the interface.
- One of the best user experiences thanks to the fact that its configuration options are arranged logically around the playback controls so that the user can find in the same place all the options necessary to control everything. In turn, many functions are controlled by simple mouse clicks.
- Compatibility with the great majority of multimedia formats.
- Customizable key combinations.
- Advanced configuration that covers different aspects such as controls, user interface, subtitles, keys or codecs.
- Player is only visible when we move the mouse over it.
- Audio equalizer.
- Possibility to play files online.
- Automatic updates.
It's an open-source development, therefore, any coder can adapt it to other programs, and although it's still at beta stage, it's worth giving it a chance because it works with enough stability to consider replacing our multimedia player with this one.