There are hundreds of different uses that we can give to an Android smartphone and its camera in particular. One of them has to with turning our mobile phone into a webcam capable of broadcasting via streaming everything that happens in front of the lens in real time. And that's precisely the purpose of the app IP WebCam, the tool you need to install on your device to set up a very secret surveillance system.
Where can I watch the transmission?
From a web browser or through a multimedia player like VLC, and inserting the corresponding codes to make sure only you can access the transmission, you'll be able to see everything that happens in front of your phone's camera in real time, turning out to be ideal to keep on eye on the kids while they sleep or set up a homemade video surveillance system.
- Record video in multiple formats (WebM, MOV, MKV and MPEG4) and resolutions.
- Broadcast live via streaming using the Ivideon cloud technology.
- Possibility to transmit only audio, only video or both.
- Upload your recordings straight to Dropbox or send them by email.
- Configure events to trigger an alarm and start recording.
- Time, date and battery status data overlayed on the transmission.