Compress and decompress files on Android
Compressing and decompressing files is a usual operation on any PC or Mac. Any document can be sent to us in ZIP, RAR, 7Z or any other format in order to save storage space, reduce its size to share it via email, WhatsApp or any other messaging service, and to be able to send several files in the same package.
On Android, we can find several tools designed for these purposes, being iZip one of them which we can use for different tasks regarding the compression of files.
An application compressor with file manager functions
The free version of this unarchiver in APK format offers us the following series of features that we can easily use from its interface and that expand the operations that we can carry out by default from our operating system:
- Compress files in ZIP format.
- Compress photos and videos.
- Open and extract any file in ZIP format, including encrypted files.
- Open and read text documents in RTF and TXT formats, as well as PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, audio, video...
- Open and view Word, Excel and PowerPoint office documents through other apps.
- Add files to an already created ZIP folder.
- Import elements from Google Drive, Box, and other cloud storage services.
- Print documents.
- Manage files with actions such as saving, moving, grouping, deleting, sending, sharing...
All these features are offered in the free version. The Pro features, which can be purchased within the app, also offer us the following:
- Compress files using encrypted passwords in 256-bit AES mode.
- Download and upload documents to Dropbox units.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 4.4.
- Offers in-app purchases.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...